Hotels in London
London Sights and Attractions
Vibrant and exciting, London is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, and those flying to London on holiday are in for a treat. A unique melting pot reflected in both culture and a vibrant culinary scene, this city has various options of entertainment, awe-inspiring monuments and historical areas that all will enjoy. From an ancient Roman city to a major medieval marketplace, to a super modern international financial centre, London has thousands of faces for the visitor to discover. What are you waiting for? Read on to learn more about things to do and ways to travel to London.
What to do in London
Whatever a traveller’s preferences and interests, London is guaranteed to provide a great holiday. A good starting point are some of the following sights and attractions:
- Spot the London Eye and check out the spectacular views over the city.
- See the Big Ben, up close.
- Walk to the Thames and explore the many wonders of London’s inner city
- Explore the Tate Modern gallery
- Visit the magnificent St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Shop in Westfield, Harrods or Camden Markets
- Live the vibes of London nightlife in the streets of Soho and Chinatown with their wonderful array of sights and smells.
Airports in London
London is a huge international air travel hub and it is very easy to book flights to or from the city. The city consists of five international airports: Heathrow , Gatwick , Stansted , Luton and London City Airport. Note that cheap flights to London operated by low cost airlines land at Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.
- Top Carriers: Top carriers include: easyJet and Monarch Airlines.
- Location: The airport is located approximately 47 km from the centre of London
- Transportation: Gatwick has a full range of transportation services for passengers into the city to suit any travel budget, including city buses and a direct express train to London’s Victoria Station.
- Top Carriers: Top carriers include: British Airwaysand Iberia.
- Location: The airport is located approximately 22 km from the centre of London.
- Transportation: Heathrow is served by excellent transport connections to all areas of London at any time of day, including the iconic London Underground, the ‘Tube’, accessible through metro line “Piccadilly”.
- Top Carriers: Top carriers include Ryanair and EasyJet. British Airwaysand Iberia.
- Location: The airport is located approximately 48 km from the centre of London.
- Transportation: A reasonable distance from London’s city centre, Stansted is served by frequent buses and trains to Victoria and Liverpool Stations, while it is also a great location from where to visit nearby cities such as Cambridge.